Tuesday 9 April 2013

Ginger Snap Parmesan Popcorn Recipe



Ginger Snap Parmesan Popcorn



Ta Da - The Perfect Mix of Sweet & Salty

Ingredients
1/3 c. Popcorn Kernels
1 tbsp. Butter, melted
2 tbsp. Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Brown Sugar
4        Ginger Snap Cookies (my favourite brand is from Purity Factories http://www.purity.nf.ca/sweetbiscuit.html

When making popcorn at home, I prefer to use a air popper because the popcorn is cheaper to make and with no additives.

I begin with putting my popcorn kernels into my popper and turning it on. While the popper is working it's magic, I am able to get  the rest of the ingredients ready. In the same large bowl as the one I am using for the popcorn, I break up the Ginger Snap cookies into small pieces (about the size of nickels). Next I put the butter into a microwave safe dish and microwave for about 30 seconds or until melted. After that, I grate the parmesan cheese. I use Parmigiano Reggiano because I prefer the flavour. Once the popcorn is done popping, I drizzle the butter over the top and gently toss the popcorn to get it evenly distributed. Now I am ready to assemble, so I sprinkle on the salt, parmesan, and brown sugar. Give it one last toss so everything is coated well and ta da you have the perfect mix of sweet and saltly.


This is what the box looks like. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips