Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Perfect Afternoon

           My perfect afternoon began as I had put my son down for his afternoon nap and I noticed the postman had delivered the new, very thick I might add, spring issue of InStyle magazine.

Side Note: I so love fashion but after moving to the small town after living in two major Canadian cities and having a baby I have fallen a bit out of touch with the fashion world. So my New Year's resolution for 2013, is to get back in touch with my love for fashion and art. To be inspired once again, with the colour and design found on each page of a crisp, new, glossy magazine page. To find time, to sit and enjoy my magazine without little hands wanting to see what Mommy is doing. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom and a wife, it's just that I have lost pieces of myself (that's a story for another day) along the way. So my journey is to reconnect with those lost pieces so I can be a better wife and mother.

Back to my perfect afternoon...
         I quickly grabbed my new issue and before heading for my favourite spot on the couch I grab some chocolate. Of course, you cannot have a perfect afternoon without chocolate. I begin to flip through those glossy pages and the excitement and inspiration start to build inside me. My mind is beginning to start to whirl with ideas. I only made it half way through the magazine today (my little napper just woke up) but stay tuned for next entry which will have my new spring inspirations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips