Saturday 20 September 2014

Fall 2014 Home Decor Picks

Well, it's almost officially Fall and the weather is certainly influencing my thoughts warm and cozy . Each season I like to add a few things to my existing decor to spruce up my home and get me excited for the colder weather. These additions can be easy and definitely economical. You can turn old sweaters into pillow covers, recycle other items from different parts of your house, or even craft up something new.  For Fall, my accents are usually in warm colours like deep red, rusty orange, olive, plum and navy. I also like to add more textures to my home decor in the Fall like velvets, knits and faux furs.

Fall 2014 Home Decor Picks

Terracotta bath towel / Pottery barn bedding / Lands Downunder tartan bedding / Zara Home blanket / Threshold textured bath towel / Kassatex blue hand towel / Chevron toss pillow / OKA door wreathNest scented candle / Moe s Home Collection wool throw pillowFrette throw pillow / Yankee Candle glass jar / Scented candle / Body cleanser / Nest body cleanser / Lucia body cleanser


Here are my picks for 2014:

1. Plaid or Faux Fur Throw for my living room. I haven't decided which one yet and since it's almost baby arrival time whichever I see and love first. The added warmth and texture will be nice and cozy on those chilly late night feedings.

2. Pillows - A couple of new textured pillows to add to my sofa in warm colours.

3. Wreaths - I think it would be a great addition to my front door to add some welcoming Fall colours.

4. Candles - Candles add great ambiance to any room and the scents can be relaxing. I like scents like pumpkin spice or apple pie because they make me think about the wonderful family gatherings and food that happen in the Fall. Maybe some candles in my bathroom, living room and bedroom.

5. Accessories - Hand Towels & Hand Soap - in lovely scents like cinnamon pumpkin spice or cranberry.



What do you like to do to get your home ready for the Fall season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips